Thursday 29 May 2014

Clip-on Shade from DANGER :-O

The complete sun shade set.

The plastic clip-on attaches by internal magnets in the bridge.

The rear of the spectacles without the clip-on sun shades. 

The rear of the spectacles with the clip-on sun shades.

I have been using prescription spectacles for 15 years. I always hate them! After hunting high and low for a year, I have finally found a new pair I embrace. From Cyber Eyeworks unisex pair, it features plastic frame, clip-on polarized shades, flexible spring hinges and a variety of vibrant colours and designs, one has to be contempt. For my prescription lens, I choose Hoya HVP (Hoya Single Vision & Progressive) aspheric, high index 1.67, UV protection, multi coating with scratch resistant. With my first time donning shades, I am loving my prescription spectacles!

Rising temperatures and apparent global warming? Never has been a better time to purchase the most functional prescription spectacles. As I always think of my fans, listed below are some tips for making that wise ;-) selection:

1)    Plastic frame – Plastic is a bad conductor of heat. This feature will protect your eye from burn and heat.

2)    Shades – UV protection, plastic lens and polarized are important features for frequent outdoors.

3)    Spring hinges – For accidental collisions, this will increase durability.


J Listed below are tips to maintaining the showroom look eyewear:

1)    Prescription lens – Face spectacles downwards with temples facing upwards. Wet finger tip with water. Gently rub lens. Then wet finger tip with a little bath gel and repeat. After, use a very damp microfiber lens cloth and gently wipe lens and then the whole spectacles. Lastly, use a dry microfiber lens cloth to finish.

2)    Polarized shades – Rinse in slow tap water. Then dap gently with microfiber lens cloth. Depending on usage, (1) & (2) should be done at least once at day’s end.

3)    Storage – Always store spectacles wrapped in microfiber lens cloth in a hard case. It should  face upwards. 

 Remember to protect skin with SPF 50 sunblock too! Now we can enjoy the sun and the bright future it energizes.








Bibliography

Reference Cited

HOW SHOULD I TAKE CARE OF MY PRESCRIPTION SPECTACLES LENSES? (2014) [Online] Zeiss Available from:
[Accessed: 20 MAY 2014]



No comments:

Post a Comment